2015-11-20

Ways to Wear: Mustard Yellow

For some strange reason, I have fallen in love with a muted shade of my least favorite color. Yellow. I don't know why, maybe it suddenly struck me how much this shade resembles falling autumn leaves or my beloved honey mustard dipping sauce. Maybe because it's so easy to pair up with black, brown, jeans, dresses, etc. But I took the plunge and acquired a couple of mustard yellow pieces to add to my eclectic wardrobe. Now...how do I wear them?

In my quest to figure this out, I have compiled a couple of images featuring mustard yellow in some really cute outfits. Behold:






I haven't forgotten the Lolita (and now Mori/Natural Kei) leanings of this blog, so if you want to incorporate this color into that type of wardrobe, here are some ideas:







All photos found via Google Images.

5 comments:

  1. Yellow is one of the colours that brings out bad undertones in my skin, I look kinda green, But these are super cute outfits, and I would definitely wear some of them with the yellow replaced with something else! Good finds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Depending on the shade, yellow really makes me look dead. Mustard is literally the one version that doesn't look terrible on me, so yay!

      Delete
  2. I love mustard yellow, but I feel weird if I don't balance it out with something else, like green or burgundy. My coloration is very autumn, but I'm just about the most reluctant autumn you'll meet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like pairing it with black, but then I feel a bit waspish. Depending on my mood that day, it could be a good or bad thing. ;)

      Delete
    2. ... now I want a bee brooch to wear with a mustard and black outfit. :)

      Delete