2013-07-01

52 Lolita Challenge - Week Twenty Two

How I Accessorize

Kitade-san is lovely, but this is too much for me!

I've never really been a huge fan of the OTT styles (of any variety) so I tend to aim for simple and elegant. When this comes to accessories, depending on the coordinate, less is more.

Typically, I start off with one or two necklaces, add a simple bracelet, a pair of earrings, and maybe a ring.

I'm not fond of a ton of stuff in my hair, so either a hat or a headband to accentuate my current style.

Sometimes, I might add a belt or cardigan to an OP.

I know it would be fun to go all out, but in day to day life it's just not that practical so I tend to keep things toned down a bit usually.


1 comment:

  1. I often go OTT with my hairstyles. I have a crazy collection of barrettes and clips that go from nice, ordinary flowers to birds, a deer, and tentacles. And I have a tendency to combine different clips to create a look a bit like the decorations of a Victorian hat, but without the hat.

    Other than that, I don't really accessorize all that much with my lolita. Maybe a necklace, bracelet, or brooch. Most of the loudness comes from the clothing itself and what's on my head.

    ReplyDelete