2. 5 movies for Lolitas
I'll be honest, I really wasn't sure what I wanted to do for this post - do I list movies that feature Lolitas, movies that Lolitas might enjoy for various reasons or what? So I decided to toss in a mix - here it is:
1. Kamikaze Girls - you saw this one coming right?
2. Pretty in Pink - any Lolita worth her salt can appreciate Andie's talent with crafting and creating her own clothing and marching to the beat of her own fashion drum.
3. Alice in Wonderland, 2010 - Burton creates a visual masterpiece in this "return to Wonderland" film. Burton even cited Lolita as one of his many inspirations when it came to crafting Alice's style in the film. And let's not forget the dandy Mad Hatter.
4. Dangerous Liaisons - it's the stuff of legend within the Lolita community - lovely dresses, fancy hairdos, men in tights, and a whole lot of cattiness, scandal, and intrigue. Let's not take ourselves too seriously, mmkay girls?
5. Gothic Lolita Psycho - silly campy Japanese gore. Not everyone's cup of tea, but I found the fight scene between our main Gothic protagonist and the killer Sweet Lolita hilarious.
Have any fun recommendations of your own? Post them in the comment section below or blog your own post!