2013-01-28

52 Lolita Challenge - Week Four

4. Favorite thing to put on my head


I love hats. In fact, I have a bit of an obsession with them. I'm pretty lazy with my hair most days, so being able to simply pull it back or to the side and toss on a hat is the perfect solution for dressing up a daily Lolita coordinate. 





I have an especially soft spot in my heart for Victorian tea hats. They're large, floppy, over the top, and piled high with all kinds of stuff - birds, feathers, flowers, lace. I only own one at the current moment and it works so well with all my blackxwhite coordinates because of it's striped bow, white feathers, black flowers, etc....The one pictured above would work so well for a classic coordinate...I'm sure of it.




Top hats designed for women also make me squeal with delight. Even the modern take on this - with the mini top hat, is super cute. I know some people think of them as strange or even "ita" but I love them!

 I do own one, but it fell off it's headband a long time ago and I simply haven't gotten around to gluing it back on yet. ^_^


What is your favorite thing to wear on your head? Do you prefer hats or bonnets or maybe headdresses?
 

3 comments:

  1. Tea hat's are amazing. I want a fabulous one some day.

    http://razzledazzleandrocknroll.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some really gorgeous ones in Etsy, Victoria. I suggest having a look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a top hat that I love, but it's just an ordinary men's hat, purchased from a tux shop. My daughter has some lovely vintage cloche hats from the 1930s, that were my grandma's - they look much better on my daughter than they would on me!

    ReplyDelete