2012-01-06

What the actual fuck?!~

Pardon my French, but I stumbled across something so horrifying today that I just had to share it with all of you:


Now I don't object to people wearing Lolita fashion for all sorts of reasons and for all kinds of events. But this is where it dives off the cliff of acceptable and plunges into the raging river of misrepresentation. Could those skirts be shorter? Could they be dolled up more stereotypically? Could they possibly be flashing their panties for little kids any more enthusiastically?

Maybe, maybe not.

But this makes me a bit angry for lots of reasons. As a fashion subculture, we Lolitas are working hard to make sure people don't think of our fashion choices as something sexual or fetish in nature. We fight vehemently to disconnect what we're wearing with all the misconceptions about the term Lolita and the novel associated with it.

Frankly, this is kind of an insult to the Lolita image. And don't just take my word for it. A lot of comments for this video implied that their "costumes" were an insult to Lolita - in Spanish. So ladies around the world, let's decry this nonsense, hmmm?

3 comments:

  1. I KNOW. omg, they are so annoying! Like even when I bring in stuff like GLBs and show them to my friends, they still don't really "get" lolita. I know one of my friends doesn't like it, because she doesn't get why I'd want to dress "like a little girl".

    So, when people like this come along, to confuse people EVEN MORE about the fashion (with it's already unfortunate name)... makes me rage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dammit, this makes me seethe! Could people at least try not to make the world think of us as sluts? Where did they even get those clothes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think the girl in black did TOO badly, especially compared to the oompa-loompa in the pink.

    ReplyDelete