Happy Birthday to Me...
Happy Birthday to Mee...
Happy Birthday, dear Kayla...
Happy Birthday to Me!
Today I turn 24! I feel kind of old. Well, maybe not. I just feel a little left behind in a world that moves at such a fast pace. As another year passes me by and the world keeps turning, I am made more and more aware of just how out of the loop I seem to be these days.
1. I don't own a smartphone. I don't even know how to do more than make a phone call and do simple text messaging on a regular phone!
2. I've never had, nor will I ever want, an iPod.
3. I don't drive. I'm 24 and I don't drive. That's practically blasphemy in America.
4. I'm only just starting university. Most of the people I'm in school with are younger than my younger brother. That makes me feel so old.
5. I remember the days of email and I wish Facebook would die.
6. I don't like energy drinks. And I certainly don't live on them like kids today do.
7. I have decidedly old-fashioned views about my place in the world.
8. I think Kindles and Nooks are evil.
9. I miss the days when people raved about Starbucks. Now Caribou is all the rage. Blegh.
10. I've never seen an episode of Jersey Shore and I don't watch TV for anything but the news.
Well now, that was a tad bit depressing. Let's list the good things I've accomplished.
1. I survived another year.
2. I got out of Montreal and moved home.
3. I fell in love with a wonderful man.
4. I spent some time finding myself.
5. I fell in love with Lolita fashion all over again and acquired a LOT more of it than I had before.
6. I dusted this blog off and brought it back to life.
7. I experimented with some talents and picked up new hobbies.
8. I started school again, after five years.
9. I have a life plan now.
10. I'm happy. Mostly.