2011-08-23

A Personal Update.

I've been working pretty hard on getting that Lolita meme finished, but I thought - since I have time - that I would include a more personal update. As some of you know, I'm currently in college. I moved up to my dorm last Saturday and today is now my second day of classes. Things have been stressful, hectic, and mind-boggling.

Photos of my dorm room:


Before




After

Granted, I still have a bunch of decoration stuff to bring up next weekend but so far so good. I like my comforter set a lot, the black and white is really easy to coordinate with other colors, especially my favorite which is purple.

For a more detailed look at my first few days in school, visit my other blog: http://sp00kyuniversity.blogspot.com/

I have four classes on Monday. A math class, a Reading/Study Skills class, a Communication Studies class, and then Intro to East Asia. So far, I really like all my Monday classes. Two of them I have M/W/F, one of them is M/W, and my Asian class is only Mondays.

My Tues/Thurs classes on the other hand, not so hot. At least they're only two days a week though and the workload isn't going to be tremendous on both of them. I hate my Critical Reasoning class with a passion but I'll keep it. I was thinking about dropping it since it's a logical and skeptical thinking kind of class. Blegh.

My other T/Th class is Discovering College. A basic course all incoming freshman are required to take.

So that's basically it. I haven't really made many friends here yet, but my roommate's nice and there are a few girls from my hall I talk to on Facebook a bit. I think it would be a LOT easier if I had a phone and could coordinate meetups, but alas.

I'm out of touch with the times and must suffer for it. Oh well.

I hope the end of August is going well for all of you. Who's looking forward to autumn?!

3 comments:

  1. Your room is starting to look comfy. Good luck with your classes and I hope you make friends soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your comforter. I may get a black x white one as well--i'll have to see what I can find. My sheets, though, are going to be black, just for the wonderful cliche gothyness of it all.

    I hope your classes go well, and I'm sorry to hear about your Orientation being a bit rough. I've had my share of difficulties (some personal, some not) as regards the whole college thing (wow that was specific) as well.
    I hope you make lots of friends--I find that makes stress less stressful.

    Autumn, yes! (even if August is my birth month, I'll be happy to bid summer farewell...) I was so excited about a month ago to see JoAnn's already putting out pumpkin themed craft supplies. :3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh really. Halloween stuff in JoAnn's already? That's pretty amazing...I should find out which bus stops over that way. *nods*

    ReplyDelete