Day 2 - 10 Things you Love in Lolita:
1. Hats - be they mini hats, full hats, clips that look like hats, hats shaped like cakes or coffins or crowns....I love hats in Lolita.
2. Chiffon - makes for super fluffy petticoats and looks great as an overlay on black dresses or skirts.
3. Corset lacing - I love it on the backs of JSK's and dresses, and on high-waisted skirts. Very pretty.
4. Velvet - heavy, decadent, and romantic. It looks great in Gothic and Classic ensembles and is very warm for the winter season.
5. Blogs! - There are so many of them, providing tons of different perspectives and coordinate ideas. And it's a great way to connect with other Lolitas online!
6. Rocking horse shoes - I just love the design and they're an old school shoe for Lolita, which I like. And they look great with just about any style.
7. Shirred dresses - they're comfy and usually made of a simple light-weight fabric, which makes them ideal for summer days.
8. Bonnets - the only fashion besides period dress that makes the bonnet stylish again. I love the really fancy and ornate ones, even though I'm sure I'll never be able to afford them.
9. Lace - before finding Lolita, I never knew there were so many different kinds of laces and what they were called.
10. The whimsy - wearing Gothic Lolita makes me feel like I'm a vampire or a powerful witch living in a drafty old castle strewn with velvet drapes and candle chandeliers. It gives me a feeling of fantasy and romance which nothing else can rival.