2011-05-23

Monday Mania

This weekend we got hit by a nasty slew of storms. Luckily there wasn't any damage in my area, but a good portion of North Minneapolis got wiped out by a tornado yesterday and on Saturday there was a tornado one county over. Scary stuff....I didn't even think the conditions were right for that kind of severe weather.

On Friday I saw the new Pirates movie. I'm still a little iffy on it, to be honest. It was an okay film, I just didn't feel like I was actually watching a Pirates movie. Seriously, if it wasn't for Jack Sparrow - I never would have known. But, the movie did feature the coolest pirate villain ever, Black Beard, so that was fun.

I spent the weekend at Chris' place since his parents were out of town. We mostly just hung out in the kitchen while he played Left 4 Dead: Two and I practiced my cooking skills in the kitchen. I'm telling you, it's very strange to cook a meal in someone else's kitchen. I had no idea where anything was and I felt horrible about using more than two pans. Eep. Probably won't do that again anyways.

Yesterday, I visited that new thrift store with Mom and Joey. Everything was 50% off so I figured it was a good opportunity. Here's what I found:





Obviously nothing "Lolita" but I'm sure I could find a way to work some of this into a Lolita coordinate. The skirt, while lovely, would be impossible to fit a petticoat under. The first tank top fit perfectly and I love the ribbon detailing, but the other one is a bit small and needs some modding, so I think I'll add an extra panel of fabric in the back to make it fit better. I love the blue cardigan and I would adore fitting that into a casual-Classic coordinate somehow. The purple blouse is nice too and I can see myself wearing that lots of ways.

Overall, I'm happy with what I found. But I'll be going back next week since they have another lovely sale.

Oh yeah! Chris bought me this awesome Octopus ring at Target on Thursday:


Sorry for bad quality, my camera doesn't like the shit lighting in my bedroom. But it's adorable and I wore it to the Pirates movie.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for following my blog. Your ring is so cute, and I really like the skirt you got!

    ReplyDelete