2011-05-16

Monday Mania

Whew, where to begin?


Well I suppose I'll give you a brief update of the recent goings-on around here.


1. I have decided to go back to school finally. A few years ago I toyed with the idea of getting an English degree at a local university and now I've decided to go ahead and pursue that. It is my goal to get a BA in English with a minor in East Asian Studies (heavy focus on Japanese) and then to acquire a TEFL certificate so that I can scamper on over to Japan as an English teacher.


You know you're jealous. Admit it. ^_^


2. I've gotten nicely acquainted with a 29 year old from Nagasaki named Kota. And now I have a new Japanese penpal named Rumi. She wants to study in America soon so I am helping her with her English. Fun stuff. 


3. Trouble on the home front! Due to some unforeseen and very unfortunate circumstances I will only be able to see Chris (my lovely boyfriend) around weekends. For you gorgeous Lolitas, that means I might have more time to devote to this blog since I won't be as busy during the week. 


4. New thrift store opened up in town! I visited the place yesterday and acquired some lovely items! 





These are just two of the clothing items Chris bought me. The top is a green t-shirt with a mushroom print and a little fabric cutout on one shroom. The next is a brown skirt with quite a new interesting fabric combinations and I think it would be great for a mori-girl inspired look. 

I'm wearing my other skirt. It's a long black gingham skirt with red gingham ruffle trim. Lovely stuff and perfect for summer!

I also found a flyswatter in the shape of a teapot. I kid you not, it's brilliant! ^-^

So this week I'll need to find a way to entertain myself and keep from being lonely. I'll probably dress up a lot and take lots of photos. And maybe I'll work on my new book I'm writing. Yay!

Lots of new stuff to come.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your decisions about school/the future, and your new book! (As an aspiring writer myself I confess I was a bit excited to hear that. ^^)
    Someday I hope to live for a while in Japan too, so I hope that works out for you!

    ReplyDelete