2011-05-02

Attempting to Hand-Sew

I decided to go ahead and give it a try again. This time with a more appropriate fabric. I think my frustration the first time around came from trying to hand-sew a stretchy fabric.

Anyways, the fabric I'm working with this time is something I've had floating around in my room for the past few years and now I finally know what I want to do with it. I have just enough to make a nicely flared out Lolita skirt so I'm going to attempt box pleats. I figure I can handle doing that with just a needle and thread as opposed to hours of gathering.....heh.

I'll take photos of the fabric later....or maybe halfway through completion.

I hope everyone had a good weekend and happy May Day!

2 comments:

  1. Stretchy fabric can be rather difficult. >-< But anyway, good luck on your skirt!
    Now I need to look through my stash like I've been meaning to and use some things I have lying around...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had hell with stretchy fabric, and that was with a sewing machine! That stuff is just all around tricky haha. Good luck with your skirt! :)

    ReplyDelete