2011-01-15

Tea for the Lolita with a Cold

Most of us Lolitas are very fond of tea. We often indulge in a nice steaming cup of Earl Grey or perhaps a pretty rose petal infusion but aside from being delicate and lady-like tea has a very wonderful use. Herbal teas are often consumed when one is sick with a cold or suffering a sore throat.

And girls, I am sick. I have chills one moment and hot flashes the next. I feel like death. So what was my solution? Well, to put on my most comfortable pair of pajama pants and make a pot of tea of course!

I didn't make just any tea though. I made my favorite Earl Grey and then I sliced up an orange and slipped one slice into the tea cup. I know, I know...it's supposed to be lemon but oranges have so much vitamin C and they sweeten up the tea perfectly!

So I advise you to give this a try next time you're feeling a case of the sniffles coming on. Add a little slice of orange to your cup of tea (which would be your preference of course, you don't have to use Earl Grey at all) and boost your immune system!

2 comments:

  1. That's a good idea. So sorry to hear you're sick, though. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you suggested that orange and Earl Grey were tasty together,yesterday at work I steeped a bag of Orange Spice tea in with my Earl Grey...and it was fantastic! Thank you for finally making me believe that I can mix and match with my Earl Grey just like how I do with my herbals! Before, I've always thought that Earl Grey was too...dark(?) to have many things complement its taste.
    I hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete