2010-09-21

Apple Dessert for Autumn Equinox

While not strictly Lolita, a lot of us DO like to bake, so I thought I would include this cute little baked apple recipe, which is just perfect for the autumn equinox tomorrow. As a Pagan, I'm celebrating Mabon and honoring the slain god Lugh and the balance between light and dark.

I won't be baking these, but I hope some of you give it a try and let me know how they turn out!



Honey Baked Apples 

4 large baking apples
1 small banana, chopped
1/3 cup cranberries, chopped
3 tablespoons honey
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 tablespoons water Remove cores from apples and enlarge holes slightly to allow for filling. Peel a strip off the top of each apple. Place each apple in a 6-ounce custard cup. Combine banana, cranberries, honey, and cinnamon. Fill centers of apples. Pour 1 tablespoon water over each apple. Cook, uncovered, in microwave oven for 5 to 7 minutes, or until nearly tender. Let stand until cooled slightly. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, these look AMAZING! Yum, I'll definitely try them out!

    ReplyDelete