2009-03-16

What is Gothic Lolita fashion?


I didn't discover lolita until last year of April, at my first anime convention back in Minnesota. I happened upon the first English copy of the Gothic & Lolita Bible. After flipping through a few pages, I was in love. I coerced my boyfriend into purchasing it for me and from then on, I've been obsessed with it.


Gothic Lolita, it's a fashion that got it's start in Japan, namely in Harajuku, worn by fans of VK bands trying to emulate the looks of the favorite band members. Many VK artists are cross-dressers and one in particular helped give rise to the popularity of Lolita. Mana, the former guitarist of Malice Mizer, lead of band Moi Dix Mois, and the owner of his own gothic lolita brand, Moi-même-Moitie.











He's quite a gorgeous cross-dresser and I really admire his creative sense of fashion and music.
Alas, I currently own no lolita items, but if I did, I as positive I could be together some lovely coordinates.

Stay tuned for the next post where I dissect each subgenre of lolita and explain what I like and don't like about each.

No comments:

Post a Comment